- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper (to cook with meat)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper (to add to pot)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 medium size onion (chopped small)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 quart water
Brown meat with 2 teaspoons of red pepper. When done, drain fat from meat and put the meat in the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. This needs to cook at least four hours on high. You can simmer it all day on low if you want. In my book, the longer the better. I just didn't have time to cook it so long today.
This recipe has less than 30 carbs for the entire pot. It is another one of those recipes that you can have your fill of without too much concern.