This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Miracle




Today I'm praying for a miracle.
My period is late. That's not unusual for me. I had been thinking about buying a pregnancy test, but had been resisting the urge. It's always a waste of money for me. Last night when Matt called to see if I needed him to get anything on his way home, I asked him to pick up the cheapest pregnancy test he could get. He bought a dollar test. I immediately went to the bathroom and took it. It turned positive the moment my urine hit the line. I was floored. I told Matt. To make sure he went to the store and bought another test. It came back positive immediately, as well. I must be between 7 and 8 weeks pregnant. I've been cramping and I know my odds. I don't make babies. I make angels. Even so, I really want this baby to stick. I couldn't sleep last night. I just kept begging God to let me keep this baby. I wish it wasn't the weekend. I want to go to the doctor. I want my HCG level taken. I want my progesterone taken. I want an ultrasound and see if there is a beating heart. There probably isn't, but I want to know now.


3 Remarks:

Ashley June 14, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

You are in my prayers. If there is anything specific other than a healthy baby, please let me know. Please keep us updated.

Poohgal79 June 14, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

Much love, prayers, and sticky dust!!!!! Please please keep us posted.

Laura June 15, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

My appointment is today at 12:45pm eastern time. Dynisha and Jamie are going to be with me. Jamie doesn't know what's going on, but I had to explain to Dynisha. She's nine so she would know. I didn't want her to be too excited so I had to talk to her about the possibility that there wouldn't be a baby.