This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Monday, July 7, 2008

Obstacle Chronicles 7/7

When I got back from the appointment with the developmental psychologist Jamie had just come back from using the bathroom. He completely removes all garments from the waist down. The friend who was watching him told him to put his pants and underwear back on and he refused. I told him and he refused. He said, "I can't do it." He can do it. After repeated telling him to put them on himself we gave up and my friend put them on for him. This issue repeated itself later and I was able to get him to put his underwear on himself, but not his shorts.

While outside playing with his friends, he got on the glider with his friend L. When her brother, J, decided to get on, Jamie pushed him off with his feet and yelled at him, "Push me, J." I was on the deck with my friend watching the kids play. I yelled down to Jamie. "No kicking." J did not push Jamie on the swing. Jamie yelled his request again and then went on with what he was doing.

He tried to take a shovel away from M. A struggle ensued. I had to sternly tell him 3 or 4 times to let it go before he did. He cried, "It's my blue!" I told him he had to share and he could not take things away from other people.

Inside he tried to take a bag of chips away from L. I made him let go and he cried a little. I told him to ask her for them and not take them away from her. He asked her and she gave him one and he was happy.

On the way home M was talking incessantly. Jamie began to kick the seat in front of him, then he started saying, "Hush, Kalah. Be quiet Kalah", when she didn't he began yelling her. I told them both to be quiet and watch TV (I had Max & Ruby on in the van). They both fell asleep on the way home.

Once at the house I woke them and herded them into the house. Immediately Jamie began fussing that he was hungry. I told him I would make him some supper. He wouldn't stop. "I want ice cream." I told him, "You can't have ice cream, I'm going to make dinner." he kept repeating it over and over. I told him firmly, "No" I told him to go play so I could start supper but he kept on. I walked him to the play room and told him to play with M and I'd come get him when it was done. He got in front of me and tried to stop me from leaving and repeated, "I want ice cream. I want ice cream, Mommy." I told him, "No, now go in there or I'll put you in time out." He followed me to the kitchen gate, which I locked, and stayed there watching me while I fixed supper, which ended up being sandwiches since it was so late and he was apparently so hungry.

I saw him holding himself and told him to go to the bathroom. He said, "I don't need to go potty. Pees all gone." I told him he did need to go potty. He said, "No". I told him, "Right now." He said, "It's not working." I said, "It is working. Go right now." I went to the bathroom crying all the way that "It's not working." He went pee and brought his pants back to me. I told him to put them on and he refused. I got them started and made him pull them up himself.

As soon as he and M were done eating they began fighting. I don't know what all they were fighting over. I usually only intervene if physical fighting occurs.

0 Remarks: