This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eggs

We went to the zoo today with a friend of mine and her kids. I took Jamie, Brianna, and Dynisha. At first everyone seemed pretty cranky. They were hot, hungry, and had missed nap time. After we fed them we had to give up on the idea of actually seeing all the animals and took the kids to Kids Cove where they have a big sand box and a water feature for the kids to play in. The kids had a blast once we got there and didn't want to leave.

Jamie really cracked me up. He found the "barn" where they had wooden eggs to find and put in baskets. He loved the eggs. He kind of has an obsession with them. At home he gets them out of the refrigerator every time I turn my back. He doesn't like to eat them, but he loves them.

He must have spent a good hour and a half in the barn. He tried to solicit other kids into playing with him. He couldn't seem to understand why they would want to play in the water when there eggs to play with.



I was so proud of him, too. Usually kids coming in and messing up his eggs would have led to a melt down. I thought I was going to be filming an epic tantrum, but he just rolled with the flow.

0 Remarks: