This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Thursday, January 22, 2009

Book of the Day

I'm starting a new segment of my blog called Book of the Day. I'm going to let Jamie pick out which book is his favorite for the day and share his favorites here so one day he can remember all the precious books he loved. I remember many of my favorite books all the way back to before I started Kindergarten. My all time favorite was Johnny Appleseed. I'm ashamed to admit that though this was my favorite book as a child and still inspires me to put apples on my Christmas tree, I have not purchased this book for Jamie.





I also vividly remember the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books, by Betty MacDonald, which I do have quite a collection of. The librarian at my elementary school read many of them to us and I must have check out each one at least a dozen times.



Reading has meant so much to me throughout my life. Reading has taught me, entertained me, and inspired me. I hope reading brings as much joy to my sons life as it has my own.




* I got the pictures of the books from Amazon.com and linked them to their description and purchase pages.



And what an appropriate day to find this fabulous freebie... a free scholastic book! Go to http://www.scholastic.com/littlescholastic/freebook/index.htm

to get yours!

0 Remarks: