This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Thursday, January 15, 2009

Preschool Day Two

He babbled on and on about school throughout the evening. Obviously he had a very positive experience. This morning when I got him ready he broke my heart just a tiny bit. He said, "Mommy? Don't leave today. I lost you at school." I told him that Mommy's couldn't stay at school. I asked him if he wanted to go even if Mommy left and he said that he did. Today when I left I made sure he really knew I was leaving. I think that maybe yesterday he was distracted when I kissed him goodbye and was surprised when he realized I was gone. I don't think he was upset or anything. I just think he was surprised. Who can blame him. I hardly ever leave him anywhere, much less a strange place with strange people.

He was a little disturbed yesterday because he left his Eeyore at school. We have three of them so it wasn't an issue. He was excited when he got into bed because he thought we went and got his Eeyore at school. When we got there this morning it was sitting in his cubby waiting for him.

He was happy to get to school and immediately put his coat, hat, and bag up in his cubby himself and put his communication folder in the appropriate basket. His teacher said he did pretty good following directions and everything yesterday. He did have a little trouble staying in his seat for long periods of time, but was not disruptive. I gave him big hugs and kisses and made sure he knew I was leaving and he went back to playing and there was no problem.

When we picked him up I got a big hug and kiss. He said he had fun and had a friend named Jack. He said he ate tomatoes. He said McKalah was gone today. He did not pee his pants.

I'm watching McKalah and Hayden for the next few days, maybe longer. My sister-in-law is having a hysterectomy. At least I'll have a little baby to cuddle while I'm missing my little boy.

0 Remarks: