This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dynisha Packs Her Bags


It's been a hectic weekend, but a good one, despite a house full of stuffy and runny noses. Dynisha walked to our house Saturday and wanted to spend the night. Her house is very full. Her grandmother and her great grandfather just moved in. She has to share a room with her grandmother. It's not an ideal situation. She asked us if she could come live with us. We told her she could if it was okay with her mother.

Matthew went and talked to his mom and she said that it was fine with her as long Dynisha came home once a week. So it looks like we've added a member to our household. We'll fix her up a room over the next few days. We have plenty of spare bedrooms. Jamie has two himself, but we're going to give her the guest room, which is larger. Tonight she is sleeping in Jamie's room like she usually does when she spends the night. While the kids are at school I will fix up the guest room for her as best I can. Right now it's full of Christmas stuff we haven't hauled back up to the attic yet. The hard thing is that the room doesn't have a closet. We wanted it for a workout room and guest room combo so we put a murphy bed in the closet. For now I've cleared out space in our hall closet for her clothes. If this truly turns out to be a permanent situation we'll definitely redo the room.

Dynisha is really happy. I can tell she's also worried we won't really let her stay. She pulled me aside and asked if I thought we'd get along when she moved in. I told her that we wouldn't always. They'll be times when she's mad at us and times we're mad at her, but that we love her and that won't change and we won't make her leave. I explained about how things would be different with her visiting versus her living here (rules, chores, homework, etc.). We are also all aware that her mother can change her mind at any point.

0 Remarks: