This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Monday, January 26, 2009

Growing and Growing

Usually, Jamie's clothing size changes right on cue. This winter was no exception. As the leaves began to change some long sleeve shirts and pants were beginning to be required. The shirt sleeves hit halfway down his hands in the size four and made me doubt my purchase, but the year before had been the same. The pants were about right in length,maybe a hair too long and needed cuffing depending on the brand, but he swam in any waistband that was not adjustable. So winter moved in and his clothes began hitting just the right places.

Something different has happened this winter, though. His shirts are fitting just fine, but his legs are getting longer. The size four pants I bought just months earlier are beginning to creep up toward his ankles. I bought a pair of pants from Gymboree in a size five, sure they would be too big since Gymboree tends to run big. No. They fit just perfect. I can't believe it. My son has grown two pant sizes in just a few short months!

1 Remarks:

VivC January 27, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

Dom grew two shoe sizes in three months. Ugh. They need to slow down!