This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Saturday, March 14, 2009

No Relief for the Cough


I feel bad for Jamie. I've been giving him medicine for his cough, but it's not doing any good. He has no fever, so the illness does not require a trip to the emergency room. I just feel so bad that I can't do anything for his cough. When I got him the medicine this morning he told me, "I don't want it. It's not working." I can't blame him on that one. I still had him take it even though it may be an exercise in futility. Perhaps it's keeping it at bay just a little.

Jamie slept like a log last night. He didn't wake up even once. That may be partially due to the medicine, but he stayed up all day yesterday and played with his cars. The medicine doesn't seem to make him very drowsy. He acts pretty normal, except for the coughing. He might be slightly more subdued than usual. His face is broke out pretty bad, too. But it's been that way for about a week. You can see in my birthday picture that he's red above his lips and across the left side of his face.

Right now he's sitting behind me eating strawberries while watching Tigger and Pooh. One thing is for sure, his appetite has not decreased. Less than an hour ago he had scrambled eggs and the apple muffins I posted about. I hadn't even cleared the table when he was fussing for more food. Sometimes he's my bottomless pit.


A little off topic, but Jamie's suffering a little heartbreak right now. He told me that Kelly, the little girl he talks about all the time from school, doesn't like him anymore. Bless his little heart.

0 Remarks: