This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Saturday, March 14, 2009

Super Easy Apple Muffins




This morning I fixed a quick and easy breakfast treat, Apple Muffins.

Preheat oven to 400

- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large apple or two small apples (I used two small pink lady apples)

1. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
2. In another bowl mix milk, canola oil, and egg. Stir until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
3. Peel and core your apple(s). Chop into small pieces.
4. Combine all ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir until flour mixture is completely dissolved.
5. Spoon into a muffin pan. You can grease the pan or use muffin cups.
6. Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.


0 Remarks: