This blog is just about my life and mostly revolves around my son, Jamie. This blog is a combination of everything, whether it may be a new recipe I tried, a good freebie I found, something funny Jamie said, or feelings I'm having about life in general. There's little rhyme or reason. I'll never win any blogging awards, but I enjoy writing about our lives and I mostly do it for my son. It's so easy to forget moments over the years. I've got all these little tidbits of our life in print and I hope that someday Jamie can enjoy them.

I called this blog Mother of Life, Mother of Loss because of my issues with pregnancy loss and the joy of finally bringing this wonderful person into the world. Truly, I feel the pains of loss, but you won't see too much of that here. I am blessed and I am, above all else, a mother of life.

After all the years of infertility and loss, Matthew and I were blessed with a surprise pregnancy. We were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately, Baby A could not stay with us. Baby B grew into a healthy and happy baby girl that we named Bella Marie. We are so blessed to have two beautiful children.


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Unified Front

I've been working really hard on a clear and defined discipline schedule and reward chart for Jamie. Matthew and I have been flying by the seat of our pants and we are not on the same page. We talked at length about this last night and Matthew agreed.

I am not ever going to be one of those moms who says, "You just wait until your father gets home!" I want us to be equals. We're not playing good cop, bad cop. I want Jamie to continue to yell out in excitement when Matthew pulls into the driveway, "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!!!"

Right now, from lack of a solid plan, Matthew is the stronger disciplinarian, though I'm the more frequent disciplinarian since I'm home with him more. My goal for today is to make a reward chart for the good things that Jamie does during the day and a list of behavior issues for Matthew and I and how we will respond to them.

Currently, our biggest issue is Jamie throwing a temper tantrum when we tell him he can't have something. He continues to beg for whatever the item is and the more he begs the worse the tantrum gets. The second issue we are having is that he is talking back. "No, I don't want to." I've got to nip this in the bud.

We only get one shot at this raising our child thing, so I'm determined not to screw it up. I've read article after article on how to handle this and I'm trying to figure out exactly what I think will work for us, aka What we can follow through with and what I think will work for Jamie. I'm still tweaking it a little, but hopefully I have it all sorted out before Jamie gets home from school today.


0 Remarks: